Meall Mo Chridhe (pronounced mel mo cree) is a Grade B Listed Georgian former Manse dating back to 1790 and is positioned at the West End of the Ardnamurchan Peninsular. The House stands within secluded gardens surrounded by our 45 acre Agricultural Holding, and has stunning views over Kilchoan to the shoreline and onwards over the Sound towards the Isle of Mull.
We produce much of what we serve on the plate from our own land. Excellent Food, Quality Accommodation, and a Warm Welcome from David and Stella come as standard.
- A beautiful shoreline Listed Georgian Manse
- Country House atmosphere - built in 1790
- Blissful tranquillity – stands within its own Grounds
- Homely, informal, but luxurious atmosphere
- Interesting Modern Scottish Cooking, assisted by an abundance of Fresh Local Ingredients
- Meall mo Chridhe is also an Agricultural Holding, from which we produce meat, vegetables, salads, fruits & herbs for use in our Restaurant
- A Perfect Bolthole Destination
- Guests are welcome to wander around the Vegetable Garden and Polytunnel
- A short walk takes you to the ruinous Kilchoan Old Kirk or a little further to the Glebe Hill with its Panoramic Views.
- Excellent Food – the 3 or 4 course set dinner menu is created daily, depending on availability of fresh local produce
- Open - All year except for Christmas and New Year. Our small size means that a reservation is advisable
- 3 Rooms – all en suite, 1 twin or double, and 2 doubles
- Room and Breakfast from £53 to £102 per person, per night, depending on season & length of stay
- Dinner £39 – 3 Courses, £44 – 4 courses, available to residents and non-residents
- Not Licensed – BYOB – No Corkage Charge
- Packed lunches
- Vegetarians welcome - some notice please
- Children welcome
- No Smoking throughout
- Credit and Debit Cards - Not currently accepted
Featured in Alastair Sawdays "Special Places to Stay"
Our Spacious Grounds, Shoreline Location and Panoramic Views, coupled with our Quality Home Produced Food, make us an excellent venue for Weddings, Family Parties, and other Special Occasions.
Sample Spring Menu, 2014
Arriving from the East, Meall mo Chridhe is in a prominent position on the right hand side of the road a few hundred metres further on from the Church and the Road to the Tobermory Ferry.
For more information about the area, visit the Ardnamurchan website.
Look out for our new website coming in late Spring 2014.
Please contact us for further information: